Organics Out West has a naturopath available on staff to discuss your health needs.
What is Naturopathy?
- Naturopathy is a health practice that uses natural therapies in the treatment of illness and the optimisation of health.
- It uses herbs, good nutrition, and the encouragement of a healthy lifestyle.
- It encourages the healing power of nature and the body’s innate ability to heal itself.
- It takes a holistic approach to treating the whole person, not just the illness or symptoms.
- Other healing practices, such as homeopathy, acupuncture, and herbal medicine, are often included under the term naturopathy.
Is Naturopathy a New Age Health Practice?
Naturopathy has been practiced for thousands of years and is as old as medicine itself.
Hippocrates, the father of medicine who lived in Greece about 400 BC, said that health is the expression of a harmonious balance between various components of man’s nature, the environment and ways of life – nature is the physician of the disease. This is the founding principle of naturopathy, and one that modern practitioners still abide by.
At Organics Out West we stock a full range of organic health supplements, medicinal herbs, and have a herbal dispensary. Plus we have many of these products available online.