Native Neem Organic Neem Tree Granules 500g
Plant Growth Promoter
BioGro Certified Organic
Native Neem Organic Neem Tree Granules have been used as a natural insecticide for thousands of years. This is a natural and organic product that prevents and kills nasty insects in the garden. If used at 4-6 weekly intervals you will very rarely need to use any other sprays. Good for all soils, all crops and all seasons. It works primarily by increasing the humus content of the soil. It is an all-purpose organic soil conditioner, ideal for low organic matter soils. Native Neem organic certified tree granules are the residue left from the first extraction process after the seeds kernels are crushed to extract the oil.
These granules are known as the ‘King’ among other organic fertilizers due to their high Azadirachtin content and high NPK value.
Our research proves that the following nematodes are controlled by neem cake: Arenaria, Hapoalim’s Indicus, Helicotylenchus Erythrina, Pratylenchus sp., Meloidogyne Incognita, M.Javanica (root-knot nematode found in vegetable crops like okra, chilli, French beans, tomato, black gram, green gram, eggplant etc) Parasitic Fungi, R.Brassica, Reniform Nematode, Root-knot Nematodes, Rotylenchulus reniformis (found on okra, French and garden beans), Radopholus similis (banana) Trylenchor hynchus – various species, etc.
Other Pests: Grain Moth, Lesser Grain Moth, Red Flour Beetle.
Neem cake/granules are harder to find but are a highly bio-available fertiliser, exceptionally effective at controlling garden pests. They may also assist in repelling mammals such as deer, rabbits, and squirrels.
The neem granules should be added to the soil at planting time. Alternatively, it should be applied to the ground surface well before insects that attack your plants are about. Presently, Grass Grub, Porina and Bronze Beetle are all problems that can be controlled with Neem. If you are having problems with your tomatoes and potatoes, Neem is particularly efficacious and the best natural safeguard against the potato/tomato psyllid.
- Stops progression from eggs to grubs
- Stops grubs becoming flying insects
- Reduces insect attack
- Controls grass grub
- Controls root nematodes
- Controls mealybugs
- Controls tomato/potato psyllid
- Controls white butterfly attack
- Protects Container plants
- New Plants: Apply a handful of granules to the planting hole at a depth of 15-20 cm, mix into the soil, then sprinkle another handful of granules on top of the soil around the plants
- Established Plants: 50 -80 grams per square meter, lightly raked around the plants
- Grass Grub Treatment: Sprinkle the granules over the recently mowed lawn at the rate of 50 grams per square meter and water to settle to the soil. Best times for treating is around December as the females are laying their eggs and the grubs are hatching. Also about April/May/June/July depending on where you are in NZ.
- Very effective around shrubs and tall trees where spraying is difficult
- Store at room temperature in dry and dark conditions
- Harmless to earthworms.
Crushed Neem seed kernels
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.